IRONMAN® 70.3® Puerto Rico
Uncompromised beauty and history await athletes in Puerto Rico. San Juan has a rich history that offers tourists a multitude of attractions. Explore the El Yunque Rainforest, Old San Juan, or El Morro Fortress, a designated National Historic Site, while planning your IRONMAN 70.3 race-cation.
Spectators and athletes alike are treated to amazing views on this course, whether from San Beach, Dos Hermanos Bridge or the Caribe Hilton's San Geronimo grounds. Start your day with a 1.2-mile swim in the protected waters of Condado Lagoon, followed by a 56-mile bike over the northern part of the island to Dorado and on to challenging cross-winds near the Atlantic Ocean. The two-loop, 13.1-mile run course winds through the northern part of the islet with picturesque views of the Atlantic Ocean and Spanish architecture.
• An average IRONMAN athlete has a Type-A personality and is highly driven and motivated
• Male 70% vs. Female 30% (but steadily growing)
• Ages 18-80, most athletes fall between the ages of 25-60
• Mean Household Income (in USD) - $161,000
• Highly educated with 86% holding college degrees
• IRONMAN athletes are typically active, opinion leaders in their community